Dark Heart’s Plant Health and Tissue Culture Lab provides full service consulting, diagnostics, and treatment for a range of cannabis pathogens and diseases including the hop latent viroid (HpLVd). Get test results fast and take corrective action to improve plant health, yield, and potency. To learn more about services, pricing, and to schedule an appointment, please contact email@example.com.
Instructions for submitting plant material for testing can be found here.
Virus and Viroid Tests
Detect presence of viruses and viroids in plant tissue. Bulk pricing available for multiple tests ordered.
- Hop Latent Viroid (HpLVd) Genetic based testing for HpLVd. Capable of detecting HpLVd in symptomatic and asymptomatic plants.
- Viroid Panel: Detect presence of HpLVd, LCV, and BCTV, three pathogens that have been demonstrated to infect cannabis and cause yield loss.
- Lettuce Chlorosis Virus (LCV)
- Beet Curly Top Virus (BCTV)
- Tobacco Mosaic Virus (TMV)
- Tobacco Streak Virus (TSV)
- Cucumber Mosaic Virus (CSV)
- Tobacco Ringspot Virus (TRSV)
- Alfalfa Mosaic Virus (AMV)
- Arabicus Mosaic Virus (ArMV)
Tests for other pathogens:
- Botrytis cinerea
- Powdery mildew
- Verticillium dahliae
- Fusarium oxysporum
- Fusarium solani
- Pythium species
- Pseudomonas cannabina
Novel Pathogen Identification: Troubleshoot and diagnose plant health issues and symptoms. Develop plan to mitigate, contain, and eradicate pathogen from grow.
Pathogen Sequencing Confirmation: Sequencing of detected pathogens to confirm species.
Tissue Culture Services
Tissue Culture: Rejuvenate your strains with tissue culture.
Strain Curing: State of the art tissue culture procedure to cure a strain of HpLVd.
Genetic Stock Storage: Protect your best strains against loss by holding genetic material in secure storage. Recovery and acclimatization available to create and deliver rooted plugs to your grow.
General consulting services; phone and on-site consulting available.
Dark Heart Nursery’s Tissue Culture and Plant Pathology team has over 20 years of combined experience in plant health services. The team, led by Dr. Jeremy Warren of U.C. Davis, was the first to positively identify the hop latent viroid and develop a patent-pending tissue culture treatment. Dark Heart’s Tissue Culture lab was the first cannabis lab to open in California, founded 2014.