This is our first spring season with “social distancing” and many of us use Zoom video conferences for work and personal calls. Zoom has made it possible to create a virtual background for your zoom meeting using this tutorial.
To get everyone excited about their garden plans this year, Dark Heart Nursery has collaborated with the author of Growing Weed in the Garden, Johanna Silver to bring you these exclusive virtual backgrounds to use while working from home or keeping in touch with others. We hope these images inspire you and your peers to GROW!
This comprehensive new book is written by Berkeley Local Johanna Silver and has everything you need to grow your own amazing cannabis. Whether you’re a gardener, grower, beginner, or simply cannacurious,, this book is loaded with photos, instructions, and tips that will help you plan, grow, and harvest your own homegrown.
This book covers the seed-to-shelf journey of growing cannabis, plus interesting tidbits, including:
- The benefits and enjoyment of growing cannabis: whether you simply enjoy new smells in your garden or you want to learn more about making herbal remedies at home, there are many great reasons to grow cannabis.
- The history of cannabis and how it has spread across the globe, thanks to humans like you
- Close up examination of the cannabis plant’s anatomy.
- The different types of growers and what they need to be successful.
- Starting with seeds: selection, germination, and transplanting.
- Starting with clones: seedlings vs. clones, selection, transplanting.
- Growing cannabis and the cultivation process.
- Harvest, drying, curing and trimming your crop
- The finished product! Includes step-by-step instructions for enjoying your harvest in different ways, including baking, tinctures, and more.
- Additional resources and further reading so you can learn more.
You’ll learn all this and more, and have a good laugh thanks to Silver’s humor and accessible writing style. Hard copies of her book are available for purchase at Indiebound, which ships via USPS. If you’re wary of ordering packages right now for any reason, you can purchase a digital version of the book.
Check out our blog for a letter from the author and more information about her book.These beautiful images are courtesy of Rachel Weill, photographer for Growing Weed in the Garden by Johanna Silver. Download these background images for use in your Zoom video calls! After you submit the form, the download link will appear in place of the form. You’ll also be able to register for Dark Heart’s general info list, which includes special retail offers, cultivation tips, and more.
About the Author:
Johanna Silver is a James Beard Award-winning author who writes mostly about plants and people. Her first book, The Bold Dry Garden: Lessons from the Ruth Bancroft Garden (Timber Press) is available everywhere books are sold. Her second book, Growing Weed in the Garden: A No-Fuss, Seed-to-Stash Guide to Outdoor Cannabis Cultivation (Abrams) comes out March 24, 2020!
Johanna is a contributing editor at Better Homes & Gardens, and her work has been featured in Martha Stewart Living, The San Francisco Chronicle, and Alta Journal of California. Previously, Johanna spent ten years at Sunset Magazine, beginning with a shovel in her hands and culminating as head of the garden department. In 2016, she oversaw the creation of new editorial test gardens as part of the brand’s historic move from Menlo Park to Oakland and Sonoma.
Visit her website to learn more: http://www.johannasilver.com/