Integrated Pest Management (IPM) is a key defense mechanism that every cannabis garden should have and it all begins with understanding what IPM is and how to properly implement it. Dark Heart Nursery partnered with Entomologist, Laurie Casebier to host her Integrated Pest Management Seminar Series at their nursery facility.
Who is Laurie?
Laurie Casebier is an Entomologist, who graduated from UC Davis, and has been working as a PCA specializing in integrated pest management for cannabis in California. She studied parasitoid-host relationships, remote sensing and applied technology in agriculture. She worked at the Boheart Museum of Entomology refining taxonomy skills and microscopy. Servicing cannabis and other production agriculture from Humboldt County to Los Angles.
Expected Learning Outcome From The Seminar Series
- Better understanding of some of cannabis’s most notorious pests, their lifecycles, behavior, preferences, special skills and deterrents.
- Be able to identify pests (when viewed through a microscope).
- Identification of predator bugs and predator mites, both wild and commercially available beneficials.
- Notes on ecology, the interaction of these species within their environment; both outdoor and indoor.
- Notes on purchasing beneficials and navigating suppliers.
Visit our IPM blog post for an explanation of Integrated Pest Management.
Seminar Series Schedule
January 4th, 10am-11:30am.
Good Bug or Bad Bug?
Introduction to Insects and Mites.
January 11th, 10am-11:30am.
Pesticides: How They Work, Application, Cost, and Safety.
January 18th, 10am-11:30am.
Biocontrol, Cultural Control,
and Pathogen Prevention.
January 25th, 10am-11:30am.
What Does It Cost?
Budgeting for Your IPM Plan.
Location: Dark Heart Nursery Facility in Oakland. Parking available at location.
Cost: Preregistration $25 per seat, $75 full series https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cannabis-integrated-pest-management-tickets-51685174749 At the door, $35 per seat, $100 for series.
Perks: Complimentary lunch provided. Free products, give-a-ways and swag.