The proper design and construction of an efficient grow room is a lengthy topic requiring the examination of a wide range of topics including ventilation, irrigation, lighting, electrical control systems, and more. An an depth discussion of all these considerations would require several volumes to complete. For a more thorough treatment please check out some of our cultivation references. Here are a few quick tips to get you started:
- Dark Heart clones are kept under 24 hour light. Recently transplanted Dark Heart clones should be placed under high intensity grow lights (metal halide or high pressure sodium) right away. They do not require any additional “hardening off ” period under low intensity light.
- During the vegetative cycle the grow lights should be on for 18 hours per day.
- For optimum results, ensure that your grow room has plenty of air flow, and try to maintain the temperature close to 78 degrees.
- Adequate ventilation is one of the most overlooked aspects of a high-performance cultivation environment. A grow room that is able to maintain good air flow, low humidity, and moderate temperatures will be far less prone to pathogen outbreaks (powdery mildew, botrytis, spider mites, etc.) and will tend to grow more vigorously.
- Heat is typically a huge concern for indoor growers. To combat this run your “on cycle” during the night. You lights, for example, might turn on at 4 pm and off at 10 am during the vegetative growth phase.
- Use a carbon filter to control odor.